Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I am so thankful for my amazing mother. The one who held my hands when I was learning how to walk, drove across town to bring me my forgotten lunch at school & the one who has comforted me in my times of worry & doubt. For those of you who know my mother you KNOW she is one of a kind. Her zest for life is contagious & her optimism inspiring. She takes a tough situation & is able to see the good in it. Her beauty is not only skin deep, she has a heart for others & is able to connect with just about anyone. My mother is a role model to me. She is the mother I hope to be someday to our children. I love you mom!

Today is bittersweet for me. I thought I was going to be the one receiving phone calls & cards for being a mother on this special day. I thought I would be looking into my baby's eyes & holding him in my arms, I thought I would be the one standing in church being acknowledged for being a mommy. Though I don't know what the future holds I am holding on to the joy & peace that only He can give. I am so blessed today. I am not a mother & I don't know when I will become one BUT I am a wife, daughter, sister & friend. For those things I am so thankful!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mommies out there! I am so inspired by all of you. Never take those cuddles & bedtime stories for granted;)

- Britt

2 comments:

  1. God's plan for you as a mother is perfect. I cannot wait to see it unfold one day :)

    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't express how much your thoughts meant to be today honey. I am beeen working so hard today with all the moving and just sat down to check my email....what a surprize...what a loving way to end my Mother's day. My eyes are full of tears and my nose is full of snot...you have warmed my heart and make me feel so full of love I could burst right now. thank you honey...I am so so lucky to be your mama!!!

    ReplyDelete